As I look at the program that James, Nate, Evan and a few others started, I am very proud to be part of it. We have to look at the program that has been created and realize just how well off we are. I've only been here for about a month but from what I can tell, the Eastern Illinois Ultimate Frisbee Club is the most successful sport club that we have at this school.
If you compare our team to other club sports here such as Rugby or Lacrosse, it is very evident that our sport is more developed than the others. We sometimes see these others sports practicing in the fieldhouse and from what I've seen, they don't got shit on us. We must take pride and know that our program is superior to the other club teams at our school. We are the top dogs of all the clubs and we need to have a sort of swagger about it.
When I was at Pantherpalooza last week, I tried recruiting some meathead who looked athletic. I told him that he should come out and play frisbee with us but as he was walking away he said that frisbee wasn't a sport and that only contact sports like rugby were real sports. It's fine that that particular guy felt that way, but its also fine that we rock the rugby team in terms of participants and talent. It's fine that we are much more organized and contain the necessary leadership to actually matter come playoff time. It's fine that rugby is a dying sport and we live in America where football trumps rugby 10 out of 10 times. Who the hell plays rugby anyways?? Only brain dead rejects of some high school football team I would imagine.
Lacrosse don't got shit on us either. I see them practicing and they only got 10 guys and 5 girls at every practice. We have double their amounts of guys and girls! When lacrosse practices in the fieldhouse, they only use up half the courts. When we come to practice, every move out cuz we takin up the whole dam building!
Haha but seriously we are still growing as a team every day. There are new players showing up each practice as well as the savy veterans that are the backbone to the team. Each year the team grows bigger and stronger. As some of the older guys leave, we need the new guys to step up and continue the tradition. Ultimate frisbee is the fastest growing sport in the nation and the sport alone will recruit the necessary players to fill a roster. I say we all work on our swag walk so that next time we enter the fieldhouse as a team, the other sports will know their place!
Love, Tim
No comments:
Post a Comment